Conservationist George Perkins Marsh
One of the most pivotal figures of the American Conservation movement was George Perkins Marsh, the author of the book Man and Nature. He grew up in Woodstock, Vermont, and his childhood home has been preserved as a National Park. Vermont Historical Society Executive Director Steve Perkins and ABC 22 & Fox 44 Anchor Mike Hoey head to Woodstock to learn about Perkins Marsh and his legacy in the environmental movement.
- Visit the Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Park Website
- Like the Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Park on Facebook
- Follow the Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Park on Instagram
- Read "Man and Nature" by George Perkins Marsh on Project Gutenberg
- Read "In Italy With George Perkins Marsh" in Vermont History
- Read "Prospective for a National Forest: Economic Influences on Vermont's Efforts to Manage Forest Resources" in Vermont History