The Lost Mural Part 2
The Lost Mural, showing biblical imagery from the Old Testament, was painted by Lithuanian artist Ben Zion Black in 1910. Originally in Chai Adam Synagogue in Burlington, it was intentionally hidden behind a false wall there in 1986. In 2013 work began on stabilizing and moving the mural to Ohavi Zedek Synagogue, where they are now raising funds to clean it.
This Place in History is produced in partnership by Local 22 & Local 44 (www.mychamplainvalley.com) and the Vermont Historical Society.