Virtual History for Homeschoolers
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we will be offering a special series of virtual History for Homeschoolers classes. This option will feature one activity to do at home and one activity we do together during a Zoom session. (Check out a sample activity from 2020 and the silent movie made during the Zoom class.)
The Zoom sessions will be offered the second WEDNESDAY and the second THURSDAY of each month, September 2020 through May 2021, at 11:15-12:00. (The 10:15 sessions on both days are full.) Class materials will be shared the Monday prior to the Zoom class.
**All virtual classes are full. Please email email@example.com or call (802) 828-1413 if you would like to be added to the wait list. We are working to process all submitted forms and will confirm registrations soon.**
Cost is $6.00 per child per class. Families with three or more children participating in a class or for members of the Vermont Historical Society, cost is $5.00 per child per class. We are asking families to register each child to help keep the class size small and the opportunities for individual participation high.
Recommended for children ages 7 to 12. Some activities involve reading and writing. Pre-registration is REQUIRED; space is limited.
- Class size will be limited to 10 students per session.
- Students are encouraged to attend the Zoom class live and with camera on.
- Classes will be recorded and made available only to registered participants.
- Students are encouraged to do the introductory activity prior to the class. Materials will be shared the Monday before the class session.
- Instructors may use the breakout session feature to divide into smaller groups, with one instructor per group.
We recognize that situations might change during the course of the year. We are suggesting that families pay by month, rather than pre-paying for the classes, to offer flexibility for both participants and the museum staff. However, you may select to pay by semester or for the whole year in advance.