In-Person History for Homeschoolers
Offered the second WEDNESDAY and the second THURSDAY of each month, September 2020 through May 2021, 1:00 to 3:00 pm. All programs will take place at the Vermont History Museum, 109 State Street, Montpelier.
**All in-person classes are full. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (802) 828-1413 if you would like to be added to the wait list. We are working to process all submitted forms and will confirm registrations soon.**
Cost is $8.00 per child per class. Families with three or more children participating in a class or for members of the Vermont Historical Society, cost is $6.50 per child per class. Parents and non-participating children are free.
Recommended for children ages 7 to 12. Some activities involve reading and writing. Pre-registration is REQUIRED; space is limited.
Special considerations during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Class size will be limited to 12 students. Parents and siblings are welcome to attend, as always, but please help us keep the overall group size low.
- Masks are required for all participants and family members over the age of 2.
- Students will receive individual supplies to use during the classes.
- Students will be spread out in the classroom and exhibit spaces to maintain social distancing.
- Staff will conduct temperature checks for students upon arrival using a touchless thermometer.
- Staff will clean spaces thoroughly before and after classes.
- Students will be encouraged to wash hands and use hand sanitizer as appropriate.
- Families will be asked to cancel if anyone is feeling sick, has been exposed to COVID-19, or is in close contact with someone who had COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
We recognize that situations might change during the course of the year. We are requesting that families pay by month, rather than pre-paying for the classes, to facilitate cancellations as needed by either participants or the museum staff. If health conditions require a cancellation of all in-person classes, we will switch to a virtual format.