You can discover Vermont's rich history as it relates to civil rights, diversity, the abolitionist movement and other social issues in the annual VHS program commemorating the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. All are welcome. You can find information on upcoming events on our calendar
- 2018: Still They Persisted: Immigrant & Community Solidarity in the 1912 Bread & Roses Strike with Robert Forrant
- 2017: Screening & Community Conversation: Vermont Speaks for Itself, social justice in the 1970s and its legacy today
- 2016: Finding Home: Vermont's Historic and Growing Diversity
- 2015: Liberty's First Crisis
- 2014: The Problem of Slavery
Harvey Amani Whitfield
- 2013: Journey's End: Destination of a Dream
- 2012: Discovering Black Vermont: African American Farmers in Hinesburgh 1790-1890
- 2011: Vermont Refugee Resettlement Program
Gaandi, Somalia; Htar Htar Yu, Burma; Pierre Mujomba, Democratic Republic of Congo
- 2010: No Irish Need Apply: Attitudes toward Irish Immigrants in Nineteenth-Century Vermont
- 2009: Brothers and Sisters in Selma: Vermont Catholic Activism in the Civil Right Movement
Saint Michael's College Students
- 2008:An Evening Conversation with Margaret Lucenti (History of the Vermont Human Rights Commission)
- 2007: Vermont in Mississippi Project
Claire Parkinson, Paul & Sonya Hackel, Tyler Resch
- 2006: Africans in Early Vermont: The Story of Jeffrey Brace
- 2005: Vermont Activists in the Civil Rights Movement: Recollections and Reflections
Paij Wadley-Bailey, Irving Adler, Liz Blum
- 2004: Remembering the Struggle
Chet Briggs, Stephen Green, Penny Patch
- 2003: In Celebration of the Life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Gretchen Sullivan Soren
- 2001: In the Shadows of the Statue of Liberty: Hidden Aspects of American History
- 2000: A Quiet Presence: Celebrating Franco-Americans in Vermont
Kim Chase, Michele & Fabio Choiniere
- 1999: William Clarence Matthews, A Baseball Pioneer
- 1998: Film: "A Stranger in the Kingdom."
- 1997: Racism in Vermont: A Microcosm of the United States
- 1996: Melissa Fay Greene, author of "Praying for Sheetrock"
Melissa Fay Greene
- 1995: Highlander, Martin Luther King Jr., and Promises to Keep
- 1994: Let Us March On!
Ernest C. Withers
- 1993: Beyond the Crossroads: Martin Luther King, Jr., and the American Dilemma
- 1992: Breaking Barriers: A Celebration of the U.S. Bill of Rights Bicentennial
Carl T. Rowan
- 1990: Film: "Martin Luther King, Jr.: Doubts and Certainties."
- 1989: Vermont-New York Youth Project
Madeleine Kunin, Philip Hoff, Karen Lane
Films: "The First Step" and "We Are Not Afraid"
- 1988: A Program on Civil Rights in Vermont
Madeleine Kunin, Philip Hoff, Members of the Vt. Advisory Committee of the United States Civil Rights Commission
- 1987: Sanctuary in Vermont
- 1986: Program to Honor Martin Luther King, Jr.
Edward Fitzsimons, Francis K. Brooks, Philip Hoff, Madeleine Kunin