Virtual Contest Day Logistics
After months of working on your project, it is time for Virtual Vermont History Day! Here are some guidelines for the virtual contest day. We will update this page as we get closer to the contest, so check back in March for additional details.
Judging on Zoom:
- All interviews with judges will take place on Zoom. Before the contest, you will receive a link for the contest Zoom session along with a schedule for your judging time.
- Remember to review the judging criteria and use the practice questions to prepare for your interview with the judges.
- When you enter the Zoom session, you will be in the general room with Vermont History Day organizers. When your judges are ready for your interview, you will be moved into the breakout room to meet your judges.
- The judges will already have viewed your project so you won't need to show it to them. Introduce yourself to the judges when you arrive in the breakout room. Try to enjoy your conversation with the judges. You arethe expert about your project!
- After you are done with your interview, you are done with the competition. You can view other projects at the Virtual Vermont History Day Showcase. And join us for the Virtual Awards Ceremony on April 9!
- Judging via Zoom is new for students and judges. Please be patient and flexible with any technical difficulties.
Students who are unavailable or unable to participate in a Zoom interview will not be penalized.
Remember to reread the National History Day Contest Rule Book. This booklet should answer many of your questions.
Need more info? Contact Victoria Hughes at email@example.com or call (802) 828-1413.