Going to National History Day 2021
Congratulations to all the Vermont History Day students who qualified to attend National History Day. Due to COVID-19 precautions, the 2021 National Contest will be a virtual contest the week of June 13-19, 2021.
The NHD registration website has details about registration and the contest.
Tuesday, May 18 at 11:59 pm: Student registration deadline AND project submission deadline.
- Use the NHD Online Registration System. Log in using the username and password you used for the state contest. Victoria will send the link when registration is open.
- Follow these instructions carefully. Students should follow instructions on page 8.
- To avoid a penalty, pay the $150 student registration fee OR create an invoice by the registration deadline. Checks are due at the National office by June 1st. Each student in a group must pay the registration fee.
- Upload all projects in the registration system by the registration deadline. Use a different title (than the one you used for the state contest) to upload your updated project. Double check the link(s) to make sure the correct version of the project is saved in the system.
- Pay close attention to project format requirements on Page 12 of the instructions. (Students who created digital exhibits as slide shows will need to convert their projects.)
- Students can (and should) use the judge evaluations from the state contest to revise their projects and correct any rules violations. Students should review the Rule Book and Judging Criteria. Victoria and Laura are available for consultations to help students improve projects.
- Teachers should also register by May 18. There is no registration fee for teachers.
- See special opportunities for students with exhibits, documentaries and performances.
There may be some scholarship opportunities available to cover the NHD student registration fee. Contact Victoria for additional details.
Sunday, June 13, 2021: Welcome Ceremony webcast and Vermont viewing party. Stay tuned for more details.
Contest week events and programs: https://www.nhd.org//virtual-programs-2021 Open to all students and teachers. There will also be a virtual NHD affiliate button hunt.
Saturday, June 19, 2021: Awards Ceremony webcast and Vermont viewing party. Stay tuned for more details.
Participating students will receive an official Vermont History Day state t-shirt.
Questions? Contact Victoria at (802) 828-1413 or email email@example.com