Locations may be Closed for holidays, work-days & other special events. See below for details or call (802) 479-8500 to confirm.
Vermont History Center & Leahy Library, Barre
60 Washington Street, Suite 1, Barre, VT 05641
The VHS offices, library, exhibits and Book Nook are located in the Vermont History Center, a historic building which was originally the Spaulding School, built in 1892.
- Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Wednesday 9:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Second Saturdays 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Leahy Library closed January 14 to 25.
- Non-members: $7
- Members and students: Free
VHS Offices, Exhibits, & Book Nook
- Monday–Friday 9:00am to 4:00 pm
Exhibits at the History Center are free. Donations always appreciated.
Vermont History Museum & Store, Montpelier
Museum & store
- Tuesday–Saturday 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Families: $20
- Adults (18-61 years old): $7
- Students, children (6-17 years old), and seniors (62 and older): $5
- Members & children under 6: Free
- Pre-scheduled school groups and chaperones: free (including home study families)
Holidays & Special Hours
VHC= Vermont History Center, Barre. Hours for our events are in the calendar.
|Jan. 14 - Jan. 25||Library closed for processing||CLOSED|
|Mon., Jan 21||Library, VHC and Museum||CLOSED|
|Mon., Feb 18||Library, VHC and Museum||CLOSED|
Directions & Parking
Vermont History Center, Leahy Library & Administrative Offices
60 Washington Street, Barre, Vermont 05641
- On-street parking available on Academy Street, around Currier Park or westbound on Route 302/Washington St beside the History Center.
- Handicapped parking, and parking for patrons with limited mobility, available next to the building off of Washington Street.
Vermont History Museum & Bookstore
109 State Street (next to the State House), Montpelier, Vermont 05609
The Vermont History Museum is located on the first floor of the Pavilion Building at 109 State Street next door to the Vermont State House in Montpelier.
Parking is in metered places along the street or in public parking lots in downtown. Parking info here. Accessible entrance & parking available via state office entrance on Gov. Davis Avenue; restrooms are just inside our front door.