Zoe P Erdman
First female Manager of the Vermont Industrial Development Authority (VIDA). Currently a Corporate Banking Officer at Merchants Bank.
Date of Birth09/03/1956
Zoe P. Erdman served as the first female Manager of the Vermont Industrial Development Authority (VIDA) under the Agency of Development and Community Affairs, during Governor Madeleine Kunin's administration. She is currently a Corporate Banking Officer at Merchants Bank.
Zoe Erdman was born on September 3, 1956 outside Boston, Massachusetts and moved to Vermont at age six. She attended Middlebury College, where she received a B.A. in American Studies and was captain of the Nordic skiing team, before obtaining a M.B.A. from Northeastern University in Boston. Erdman spent one year in the commercial lending training program at the First National Bank of Boston, before moving back to Vermont in 1984 and taking a job as a loan officer with VIDA, which finances the state's economic development efforts. Erdman was the first female manager of VIDA in 1986 and 1987. She then served as deputy secretary of Vermont's Development and Community Affairs Department. She resigned in 1991 to become Vice President of State Street Bank and Trust Co. of Boston's Vermont Banking Department. The following year, Erdman was named to the board of directors for VIDA. In 1992, Erdman, a Democrat, sought a seat in the Vermont House of Representatives. From 1998 to 2007, she served as Senior Vice President and Credit Division Manager of Merchants Bank. In 2007, she transitioned to the role of Corporate Banking Officer of Merchants Bank. Erdman is a member of the New England Nordic Ski Association and serves on the Board of Directors for Mobius: The Mentoring Movement.
Organizations or Movements
- Kunin administration
- Mobius, the Mentoring Movement
- Williston Central School
- New England Nordic Ski Association
- Governor's Blue Ribbon Commission on Special Education
- Williston School Board
- Northern Vermont Red Cross Board of Directors
- Board member, Vermont Job Start
- Board member, Vermont Economic Development Authority
- Candidate for Vermont House of Representatives
- Mangager of Vermont Industrial Development Authority (VIDA)
- Senior Vice President and Credit Division Manager of Merchants Bank
- Corporate Banking Officer at Merchants Bank
- Loan officer with VIDA
- Deputy Secretary of Vermont's Development and Community Affairs Department
- Vice President of State Street Bank and Trust Co. of Boston's Vermont Banking Department
- BA in American Studies, Middlebury College, Middlebury, Vermont, (1978)
- MBA, Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts.