This page contains links to transcriptions of manuscripts or manuscript collections at the Leahy Library of the Vermont Historical Society in Barre, Vermont. We intend to add materials to this electronic collection as time allows. These electronic resources are provided as a convenience to researchers who want to access primary source materials without making a trip to the library.
A larger selection of materials are listed in our online catalog, and an even larger number of collections have been cataloged only with a card indexing system at the library. Be sure to visit our library to explore the broadest possible collection of resources.
You can now search keywords within the finding aids to our manuscript collections. (Be sure to scroll down the resulting page to the "mansucripts" section.)
- James & Julia Hope letters, 1854-1874, Vermont artist living in New York City corresponding with wife in Castleton
- Erastus P. Williams diaries, 1830-1843, Vermont farmer from Royalton
- Stephen O. Lane letter, 1860, Vermonter in California, with additions from his wife
- 1927 Flood
- "Our Friendly Road," 12-day hiking trip along the roads of Vermont taken by Doris Ward and unnamed companion/author
- A History of the Town of Goshen, Vermont, by Nathan Capen, ca. 1887