The Vermont Historical Society’s Leahy Library is rich in research resources; see the library resources page for an overview of what can be found within the library.
You can explore online research resources through the "Virtual VHS" drop-down menu found at the top of the screen and the menu at the left, or by following the links listed below.
- Use the VHS library online catalog to search library holdings.
- Read the full text of various Civil War diaries and letters.
- Read transcriptions of selected manuscript collections.
- Read articles from our journal Vermont History.
- Research with unique genealogy lists and indexes.
- Listen to The Green Mountain Chronicles radio programs.
- Study Sanborn fire insurance maps for Vermont (VHS members only).
- View selections of photographic images and moving images from our collections.
These online catalogs and electronic finding aids contain information on just a small fraction of the collections in the VHS's Leahy Library.