The Vermont Historical Society’s Leahy Library is rich in research resources; see the library resources page for an overview of what can be found within the library.
You can explore online research resources through the menu at the left, or by following the links listed below.
- Use the VHS library online catalog to search library holdings.
- Tell us how the 1970s influenced you—were you there?
- Read the full text of various Civil War diaries and letters.
- Read transcriptions of selected manuscript collections.
- Search for keywords within manuscript collection finding aids. (Be sure to scroll down the resulting page to the "mansucripts" sectcion.)
- Read articles from our journal Vermont History.
- Research with unique genealogy lists and indexes.
- Listen to The Green Mountain Chronicles radio programs.
- Study Sanborn fire insurance maps for Vermont (VHS members only).
- View selections of photographic images and moving images from our collections.
These online catalogs and electronic finding aids contain information on just a small fraction of the collections in the VHS's Leahy Library.
To find out more about research resources at the VHS contact us via phone at (802) 479-8509, U.S. mail, e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the library in Barre.