This page contains links to unique indexes of original genealogical documents or collections at the Leahy Library of the Vermont Historical Society in Barre, Vermont. We intend to add materials to this electronic collection as time allows.
These electronic resources are provided as a convenience to researchers who want to access primary source materials without making a trip to the library. A larger selection of materials are listed in our online catalog, and an even larger number of collections have been cataloged only with a card indexing system at the library. Be sure to visit our library to explore the broadest possible collection of resources.
- Brattleboro area Irish naturalizations, 1868
- Vermont City Directories in Vermont Respositories, 2nd edition, 2013 (PDF)
- Index to Known Cemetery Listings, 5th edition, 2013 (PDF)
- Lowell, Vermont, town records, 1812-1834
- Early Marriages, 1789-1876
- Marriages and baptisms performed by Richard Bedford,1836-1849, Orange, Windsor, Caledonia, Orleans, and Washington Counties
- Military recruiting photographs, 1944-1951 belonging to Francis Edward Abbey working in northern Vermont and New Hampshire
- Some Vermont vital records of the 19th century, chiefly 1802-1838, recorded by John Elliott Bowman
- Washington County deaths, funerals, births & fires from the diary of James Henry Holmes, 1894-1911
- Washington County Selective Service Board, World War II inductee photographs, 1942-1945
- Vermont Society of Colonial Dames membership list
- National Society of Colonial Dames in the State of Vermont membership list
- Lavin/Rousse Graniteville Genelaogy Collection, index to extensive collection about Barre village, includes local history and photographs
- Pittsford marriages recorded and/or performed by Caleb Hendee, 1798-1803.
- Marcus Waite, "Pioneers of the Town of Calais, Vermont, 1781-1800" (1932)
- Strafford, Vermont, Vital Records, 1774-1796
- Rev. Ephraim H. Newton's Records of Marriages, 1814-1862, includes Marlboro and Newfane, Vermont, and Queesbury, Jackson, and Cambridge, New York