The Vermont History Explorer website is full of information about Vermont history. It has over 200 articles about Vermont history that can be read online, printed, or projected on a screen. It is also a great place to find primary sources like photographs and historic documents. This colorful, interactive site is designed for children, specifically students in grades 3 through 6. Resources for teachers and parents are also included.
- The website uses artifacts and photographs from the Vermont Historical Society's collections.
- Maps and documents help tell the story of Vermont becoming the 14th state.
- Photographs and census records show how Vermont has changed over time.
- An illustrated timeline lets students discover fascinating facts about Vermont history
- Lesson plans and lists of Vermont history books are valuable resources for teachers and homeschool educators.
Go to www.vermonthistory.org/explorer to start exploring Vermont history!