As a History Day teacher, you can help guide your students through the process of researching and developing a history project.
If you have time to explore, the National History Day (NHD) website has a wealth of information about incorporating the program into your classroom.
Find other helpful information below:
Details & deadlines
- VHD 2015 At a Glance (PDF)
- Educator Workshop (PDF)
- Student Help & Research Day (PDF)
- 2015 Entry Form (PDF)
- 2015 Special Prizes
Where to begin?
- Vermont History Day Handbook (PDF)
- National History Day Curriculum Materials
- Borrow NHD How-to Booklets
- Official Rule Book (PDF) The 2014/15 Rulebook is the most current edition! Please see "Summary of Rule Changes" for a brief overview.
- Summary of Rule Changes for 2014/2015
- Leadership and Legacy in History
- Leadership and Legacy in VERMONT History - coming soon
- NHD Leadership and Legacy Theme Book
Common Core Connections
- National History Day correlations to the Common Core (PDF) courtesy of the Wisconsin Historical Society