As a History Day teacher, you can help guide your students through the process of researching and developing a history project. The Social Education article Promoting Inquiry-Based Learning through National History Day (PDF) highlights the ways teachers are using History Day in their classrooms.
If you have time to explore, the National History Day (NHD) website has a wealth of information about incorporating the program into your classroom.
Find other helpful information below:
Details & deadlines
- VHD 2015 At a Glance (PDF)
- Student Help & Research Day (PDF)
- 2015 Entry Form (PDF)
- 2015 Special Prizes
Where to begin?
- Attend the Educator Workshop on October 21, 2014 (PDF)
- National History Day Curriculum Materials
- Borrow NHD How-to Booklets
- Official Rule Book (PDF) The 2014/15 Rulebook is the most current edition. Please see Summary of Rule Changes for 2014/2015 (PDF) for an overview.
- Consider using NoodleTools to help students organize their research and bibliography
- Leadership and Legacy in History (PDF)
- Leadership and Legacy in VERMONT History (PDF)
- NHD Leadership and Legacy Theme Book
Common Core Connections
- National History Day correlations to the Common Core (PDF) courtesy of the Wisconsin Historical Society