As a History Day teacher, you can help guide your students through the process of researching and developing a history project.
If you have time to explore, the National History Day (NHD) website has a wealth of information about incorporating the program into your classroom.
Find other helpful information below:
Details & deadlines
- VHD 2014 At a Glance (PDF)
- Educator Workshop (PDF)
- Student Help & Research Day (PDF)
- 2014 Entry Form (PDF)
- 2014 Special Prizes
Where to begin?
- Vermont History Day Handbook (PDF)
- National History Day Curriculum Materials
- Borrow NHD How-to Booklets
- Official Rule Book (PDF) (2010/11 Rulebook is most current edition)
- Rights and Responsibilities in History (PDF)
- Rights and Responsibilities in VERMONT History (PDF)
- NHD Theme Book (PDF) 7.3MB
Common Core Connections
- National History Day correlations to the Common Core (PDF) courtesy of the Wisconsin Historical Society