2016 Theme was: H2O: The Power of Water in Vermont History
Vermont History Expo typically features
- 100+ history exhibits from around the state
- Family Fun! Craft projects, ice cream making, special performances, and more!
- Science of Water tent with the Montshire Museum of Science and the Ottaqueechee Natural Resources Conservation District
- Let's Go Fishing! with the Vermont Department of Fish & Wildlife
- Genealogy and archives resource center
- Two stages of musical performances
- Author talks and book signings
- Historical presentations
- Heirloom animal breed exhibitors and presentations
- Morgan horse presentations and demonstrations
- Traditional craft demonstrations
- The Little Dig: hands-on field archaeology with the Vermont Archaeological Society
- Tunbridge Fair Log Cabin Museum with collections, 19th-century one-room schoolhouse, and blacksmith and print shops.
- Living history encampments: French & Indian War, Revolutionary War, and Military Vehicles
- Vermont Historical Society museum store annex
- Food vendors
Take a peek here for a WCAX-TV clip about Vermont History Expo.