We'll Take That Sign
Did you participate in the recent Women's March in either Washington, DC or Montpelier, VT? Did you have a great sign? We are happy to collect those signs or other ephemera for potential inclusion in our permanent collections. Here are some details:
1. Signs from either the Montpelier, VT march or from Vermonters who marched in Washington welcome.
2. We would prefer signs that are more Vermont "specific", and/or that are specifically themed for this event. Signs created by children are also welcome.
3. Signs can be dropped-off during regular business hours (9:00am-4:00pm, M-F) at the History Center in Barre, 60 Washington St
4. Include your name, address, email, phone when dropping off your sign(s).
5. We would also like to have a photo of you/someone with the sign and information about your experience with the march. Photos (3 maximum) and other information can be emailed to email@example.com.
6. Signs dropped off may not be accepted into the permanent collection. Any not accepted into the collection will be disposed of and will not be returned. If your sign(s) are selected for the collections, we will send you follow-up materials. All items (including digital materials) become property of the Vermont Historical Society without restrictions.
Even if you don't want to donate your sign (or have already recycled it), we encourage you to document your experience- whether that's a diary/journal entry, blog post, scrapbook, video blog, etc. The history of tomorrow is created today.
Shop the VHS Store!
VHS is a great place to do some holiday shopping! Find our full selection of great Vermont books and gifts at the Museum Store in Montpelier, grab a few titles from our Book Nook in Barre, or shop in your pajamas via our Online Store. To get started, check out some great selections on our current Book List.
Give to the Annual Fund
Our promise is to connect you to Vermont's Story! A gift to the 2016 Annual Fund supports our efforts to enlighten and educate thousands of visitors annually through unique and dynamic exhibitions, educational programs and a variety of exciting public presentations. Every gift counts and your contribution will make a difference!
It's #Giving Tuesday!
The Vermont Historical Society has joined #GivingTuesday, a global day of giving that harnesses the collective power of individuals, communities and organizations to encourage philanthropy and to celebrate generosity worldwide. Make your gift to VHS and inspire others to give back to improve their local communities in meaningful ways. This day is about the power of participation!